All EVMS investigators must complete training on the COI new policies prior to grant money being released.
- COI training is available through the CITI website.
Instructions for adding and taking the CITI COI course
- Log on to CITI website (www.citiprogram.org) with your username and password.
- If you do not already have a CITI account, create your own login name and password and select EVMS as affiliated institution. If you already have a CITI account and forgot your login name or password, contact the Office of Research at 446-8480.
- Select “Add a course or update your learner groups” (in red, click on it).
- Scroll down to “CITI Course Enrollment Questions”.
- Skip questions 1-4
- Question 5 select “yes”
- Click “continue”
- Under My Courses “Conflict of Interest” should be listed
- Click on “enter” to start course
- You have finished the course successfully when you are able to see a completion report. We recommend that you print a completion report for your records. The Office of Research receives an automatic notification e-mail when training is completed.
Print COI training instructions.
If you have any questions, contact Kari Bos at COI@evms.edu or 446-8404.
"Investigator" definition- Principal Investigator/project director, senior/key personnel and ¨any other individuals, regardless of title or position, who the PI deems to have authority or independent responsibility over the design, conduct or reporting of research/sponsored projects."