Timeline for Financial Aid
- Submit Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the next academic year once taxes are complete
- Submit other required document(s) to the Office of Financial Aid for next academic year
- Refunds available for Spring semester for current academic year
- January: Federal Exit Interview Required for Student Loan Borrowers of graduates for current academic year - Program of Study:
- Art Therapy and Counseling
- Biomedical Research
- Biomedical Research, Ph.D.
- Medical Masters
- Physician Assistant
- Surgical Assistant
- Continue to return all required forms to the Office of Financial Aid for next academic year
- Continue searching for scholarship opportunities
- February 1: DEADLINE for budget increases and loan applications for current academic year. All request must be submitted no later than 1st of February.
- March 1: DEADLINE for incoming CEA students to file FAFSA and EVMS Financial Aid Application. All applications and forms must be received by this date.
- March 1: DEADLINE FOR RETURNING STUDENTS for receipt FAFSA for upcoming academic year. www.fafsa.ed.gov - FAFSA and EVMS Financial Aid & Scholarship Application. If not using IRS Data Retrieval tool, students may be required to submit offical federal tax transcript(s) to the Office of Financial Aid.
- March: Federal Exit Interview Required for Federal Student Loan Borrowers - MD graduating current academic year.
- March: Financial Planning Seminar - Get Fi$cally Fit
- April 5: DEADLINE FOR NEWLY ACCEPTED STUDENTS (MD or HP) for receipt of FAFSA, EVMS Financial Aid & Scholarship Application, and any requested documents. See Application Process. Do not wait for notice of acceptance from individual programs to file FAFSA and complete process. Students accepted after this deadline should supply all required documents within 10 business days of acceptance.
- Date to be announced for MPH Federal Exit Interivew
- Refunds prepared for Summer semester
- Follow up with the Office of Financial Aid on any outstanding required documents or forms for upcoming acadmic year
- Upcoming academic year's Tuition and Fees are voted and passed by the EVMS Board of Visitors
- Students, who have completed the aid application process, receive Award Notices for the upcoming academic year beginning in June and continuing approximately 30 days prior to each program's start date. Notices are emailed to the students' FAFSA email and EVMS email address, if different.
- Respond accordingly to Award Notices, completing the loan process as needed. Information to be sent out prior to matriculation.
- Financial Aid Entrance Interview required of all entering students
- Tuition & fees due
- Refunds available for Fall semester
- January Starts for Physician Assistance complete Financial Aid Application Process.
- October 1: DEADLINE TO FILE for students first enrolling in January. Submit the FAFSA as well as EVMS Financial Aid & Scholarship Application and any other required documents.
- Financial Planning - Lunch & Learn session
- Award Notices emailed to students entering in January.
- November 1: ABSOLUTE DEADLINE for continuing students to submit loan applications if additional funds are required for the January tuition due date.
- REMINDER: Tuition is due in January according to start of classes and loan disbursements are made in early January.
- Students entering in January should complete loan process as needed.
- REMINDER: Office of Financial Aid will be operating on minimal staff between Christmas and New Year's holidays. Please plan to complete all steps for January aid no later than December 15.