- January: Review Graduate Instructions to familiarize yourself with all procedures and deadlines for Commencement.
- January 17: HP Programs 2013 graduates - Loan Exit Counseling; 4:30 - 7 p.m. in ERB104. Required attendance.
- January-February: Order regalia.
- February: Book hotel rooms for out of town guests. More info.
- February 18: Tickets distributed for the School of Medicine Banquet. Contact Eric Chow for more information.
- February 18 - March 15: Order announcement cards from Ebony Drayton in the Office of Student Affairs at 446-5244.
- February 28: Submit ticket request for the School of Health Professions Reception.
- March 8: Deadline to order regalia.
- March 11: MD2013 - Loan Exit Counseling; 5 - 7 p.m. in ERB104. Required attendance.
- March 13: Get Fiscally Fit; 2 - 4 p.m. in ERB104. Optional but attendance is recommended.
- March 18: Health Professions students begin picking up reception tickets from program directors.
- April 1- May 1: Pick up announcement cards from the Office of Student Affairs.
- April 2: MD students return completed Banquet tickets to Eric Chow.
- April 15: Create alumni profile with EVMS Office of Alumni Affairs.
- May: Verify your eligibility for graduation. Ensure you have met all academic requirements with the Office of the Registrar and Student Affairs.
- May 17: Attend mandatory Commencement rehearsal and pick up regalia at Norfolk Scope. Check in begins at 9:30 a.m.
- May 17: Give correct name pronunciation to linguist at rehearsal.
- May 17: Deadline for when graduates must complete all degree requirements in order to receive live diplomas at Commencement. Graduates who fulfill their degree requirements after this date must contact the Office of the Registrar to get their diplomas.
- May 18: Attend EVMS Commencement Ceremony at Norfolk Scope. Graduates must arrive by 8:30 a.m. for check in.
- May 20-31: Purchase EVMS mementos before leaving the area.
- May 24: Return checked-out regalia to avoid penalties; return to Megan Iacobellis in the Office of Development, 4th Floor Smith Rogers Hall, Room 404A (446-6173).
- Ongoing: Make a gift to your alma mater.
* The checklist is subject to change. Please check with your program to ensure all graduation criteria has been met.