EVMS Psychiatry Residency - Application Process
Please be sure to fill out the application form completely - read all information available on the ERAS web site before submitting your application. Omissions may cause a delay in processing your application.
For all applicants, the requirements are as follows:
1. First time passing on USMLE Step 2 CS exam
2. Passing score on USMLE step 1 & 2 or COMLEX step 1 & 2. All residents are advised to take Step 3 by the end of PGY-1 but are required to have taken it by the end of the third month of their PGY-2 year of training.
3. Must be either a US citizen or green card holder (we do not sponsor any visas)
4. Should have 3 Letters of Recommendation from clinical sponsors
5. Should have at least 2 months or more of US experience in Psychiatry either through an externship or internship.
6. Minimum medical school date cutoff of 10 years (the more recent, the better)
7. We do welcome IMG's to our program
8. Foreign applicants must be ECFMG certified and passed
9. We except ERAS applications only. We do not review any applications prior to receiving them from ERAS.
Interviews are scheduled from October through early January.