Combined Family & Internal Medicine Application Process
- All applications to our residency programs must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Deadline for submission is December 31, 2012
- The selection process stringently evaluates performance on USMLE examinations, grades in preclinical and clinical courses, dean’s letter, letters of recommendation (3), communication skills and personal attributes.
- Minimum score 190 or above on USMLE Step 1 and 2 on first attempt. Must pass USMLE CS on first attempt.
- For osteopathic students, must pass National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME/COMLEX).
- Graduation from medical school within five years.
- Completion of at least 12 months hands-on clinical experience in the United States.
- International graduates: ECFMG certification required, CSA and other required tests taken and passed. Our Residency Program sponsors J-1 visas.
Interview Dates – 2012
Thursday’s only: November 8, 15 & 29, December 6 & 13, January 10 & 17
- 7:00 a.m. – Interview starts with Overview of the Program
- 8:00 a.m. – Internal Medicine – Morning Report
- 9:00 a.m. – Finish overview of the program
- 9:45 a.m. – Overview of the continuity clinic / family medicine information
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Interviews
- 11:45 a.m. – Meet with the Program Director / Chair – Ghent Family Medicine
- 12:15 / 12:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:00 / 1:30 – Tour of Campus
- Should finish by 2:30/3:00 p.m.